Monday 4 February 2013

Animal Jam is not all.

Hi Jammers!
I like Animal Jam and come online on a daily basis, but playing all day,every day...it's just...
I dont know.
Wrong.
Alright,I was obsessed from July/August 2012- Early November 2012, but...
I got out of it. Luckily.
In Summer, I was playing Badminton and stuff with my neighbors. I made so many friends.
But later on, I just got obsessed with Animal Jam.
I stopped doing the fun stuff,I stopped studying...
It affected my health. I stayed up late until about 3/4am on the computer...
I stopped studying, and got into arguments with my parents shortly after school started.
It didn't really affect my grades. The tests me and my whole school took for Autumn the week after my worn blanket got scammed, (I got it back,but it doesn't really matter. When I  got  my first one, I acted like the best person on Animal Jam just because I had a worn blanket) I got high levels (In the UK,we are given levels. Don't know about other countries. Even Poland) I got 5 in Science and English which is the highest level for us,11 year olds and I got 4A (nearly level 5, I was a few marks off) for maths. Now, my SATS are coming up in late May.
But, I became an insomniac (I always was) and I was drowsy,bad tempered and tired.
I ate dinner quickly to get back on the computer.
I went to sleep at about 3/4am  in the morning (as mentioned) and woke up at 4pm.
Here are ways people get addicted to Animal Jam:

  1. Rares. People have rares and want more. Trade,trade,trade all day.
  2. Friends. Its Great to have friends, but don't talk to them ALL day.
  3. Exploring. New players want to explore. Some,just some,explore for a few hours daily... no, I dont mean 1 or even 2. I mean 3,4 and higher.
  4. Education. I am knowledge hungry. It's great to learn new things on Animal Jam, but dont let it come between you and your life.
Here are some tips to stop this addiction:

  • Give yourself a limit of Animal Jam play. If you stick to this limit, get yourself a little treat. You could start with an hour daily and gradually extend it, but that doesn't mean you have to play constantly, break your time up!
  • Think of the other things you could be doing. If it's winter and there is snow, go play outside while the snow is still there! If you have an exam coming up, study! If it's summer, go outside while it's warm! You get my idea.
  • Animal Jam is one website, amongst millions of others, on the internet. It's not your WHOLE LIFE! It is part of your life, obviously,but not all of it.
  • Learn something new! You can learn something new in real life, instead of playing animal jam.
This does not mean I don't like Animal Jam, I like it and it's lot of fun. I'm just talking about addiction here.
-CleverQueen

7 comments:

  1. 1ST COMMENT WOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats the truth for me also, im on at 11:00 am to 10:00 pm animal jam gets your attention easily o.o
    ~namine835

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I cured my addiction- Played minecraft.
    Easy as that :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still addicted to AJ but my parents don't matter. As long I sleep early and eat, they won't matter. I get on AJ everyday and sometimes, Fantage. Playing AJ didn't even affect my grades! So I'm still playing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol this is me in a nutshell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I PLAY BOTH FANTAGE AND AJ TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAA IM NOT A PREMIUM MEMBER ON FANTAGE BUT I AM A MEMBER ON AJ!!!!! ( i like aj more he he he )

    ReplyDelete